Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Enjoy some magic tonight!


I found this recipe for Magic Cookie Bars on a can of sweetened condensed milk purchased at Aldi.  They sounded so good, so I thought I'd give them a try.  I was pleasantly surprised.  My husband said he liked them so I knew I had a winner.  Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk! 
 
 













Magic Cookie Bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place butter in an 8 inch square pan; heat in oven until melted.  Combine brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over melted butter.  In layers, add chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.  Pour sweetened condensed milk over top.  Bake 30 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before slicing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    It nice to see your posting for these cookie bars. They look yummy; I can't wait to try them. Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete